The Freeport Art Museum is accepting exhibition proposals for the 1st floor Main Galleries and the 2nd floor Contemporary Gallery. FAM supports emerging and established artits working in all types of media.
If you are a professional or emerging artist who is interested in being considered for an exhibition opportunity at the Freeport Art Museum, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- FAM is primarily seeking exhibitions that feature a minumum of three artists with art works focused under an embodied exhibition theme. Artists, please notice that although FAM does not discourage solo artist exhibition proposals, we will caution you that group exhibitions are most often selected over solo exhbitions. The Freeport Art Museum rarely features solo shows for artists in the main galleries. We are primarily looking for small group exhibtions for the 2nd floor Contemporary Gallery and large group exhibitions for the main floor rotating gallery.
- If you plan to submit an exhibition proposal, please include:
- A typed exhibition proposal statement. The exhibiton proposal statement should explain what the exhibition is about and why the it would be a good fit for FAM.
- Contact information for the primary contact within the cover letter for the proposal. Please do not send any materials that you wish to be returned.
- An art résumé (or CV) from each artist.
- An artist statement from each artist.
- 15- 20 digital images of the art works (online or on a CD in JPG or TIFF format).
- A cover letter with contact information for the primary contact person who is presenting the proposal. Please do not send any materials that you wish to be returned.
- Here are also a few links to some helpful articles about how to prepare an exhibition proposal: EmptyEasel.com-"How to Put Together a Successful Exhibition Proposal to Send" The Art Biz- "Drafting a Winning Exhibition Proposal"
- One of the key elements we requested above is a written exhibition proposal. In approximately 500-1,000 words, the typed exhibiton proposal should explain to the exhibition committee 1) what is the message of your work and/or the message of the entire group exhibition 2) the reasons why your exhibition will attract visitors to the museum and 3) why your proposal should be selected for display at FAM.
- Image quality counts! Make sure images are clear, well lit, with appropriate orientation (verticals should not open as a horizontal file, etc.), and free of distracting backgrounds. Make sure your images are properly saved and have not been degraded by too much compression. If you are a Mac user, please save all of your files compatable for a PC.
- DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL ARTWORK. The Museum does not accept original works for exhibition proposals and cannot be held responsible for originals sent to us.
- Maps and measurments of the galleries are provideded below.
- Send digital submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter email and a link to the digital exhibition proposal folder saved in a Dropbox or Google Drive account.
- Send hardcopy submissions to: Freeport Art Museum 121 N. Harlem Ave. Freeport, IL 61032.
Gallery Maps With Measurements
Using Dropbox tutorial video
Video Demo: Creating and sending an exhibition proposal with Dropbox
EmptyEasel.com-"How to Put Together a Successful Exhibition Proposal to Send"
The Art Biz- "Drafting a Winning Exhibition Proposal"